Software Testing Apprenticeships
EDArcade is an online educational games platform and is a sister company of EDLounge where our aim is to encourage and develop students learning through fun and engaging game-based learning. All apprenticeships will be learning and testing software that is used within the gaming and education industry
The primary role of a Software Tester is to ensure that software operates as intended.
Testers typically design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure that software is fit for purpose. They document and report the results of testing activities.
They have a good understanding of the software lifecycle and software development practices.
SKILLS, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
GCSE in English and Maths
- Reviews software requirements and specifications for software functionality and security, and defines comprehensive
tests and conditions.
- Analyses test requirements and designs and prepares a test plan.
- Develops and collects representative and realistic test data.
- Accurately records the outcomes of test activities and maintains accurate test records and reports.
- Presents and communicates results effectively using appropriate communication styles and media.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Understands and can apply the basic concepts of software testing including testing types; test procedures; testing techniques; testing tools and testing terms.
- Understands the importance of accuracy and clear documentation of software tests.
- Understands that software should be ‘secure by design’ and how to test for security requirements.
- Understands how to set up and configure testing packages.
Understands the role of software testing within the wider systems development life cycle.
If you want to be a software tester then please fill out the form below or call 01909 568 338 for more information