Software Development Apprenticeships
The primary role of a software developer is to build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
A developer will typically be working as part of a larger team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall project.
The developer will need to be able to interpret design documentation and specifications.
The customer requirements will typically be defined and agreed by more experienced or specialist members of the team, such as a business analyst or technical architect.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Logic: writes good quality code (logic) with sound syntax in at least one language
- Test: can test code and analyse results to correct errors found using either V-model manual testing and/or using unit testing
- Problem solving: can apply structured techniques to problem solving, can debug code and can understand the structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
- Design: can create simple data models and software designs to effectively communicate understanding of the program, following best practices and standards
- Analysis: can understand and create basic analysis artefacts, such as user cases and/or user stories
- Deployment: can understand and utilise skills to build, manage and deploy code into enterprise environments
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Understands and operates at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Understands the similarities and differences (taking into account positives and negatives of both approaches) between agile and waterfall software development methodologies
- Understands how teams work effectively to produce software and contributes appropriately
- Understands and applies software design approaches and patterns and can interpret and implement a given design, compliant with security and maintainability requirements
- Understands and responds to the business environment and business issues related to software development
- Understands and applies the maths required to be a software developer (eg algorithms, logic and data structures)
If you want to be a software developer apprenticeship and learn this trade then please fill out the form below or call 01909 568 338 for more information