Illegal High (NPS) Awareness
The increased availability and use of legal highs has become an area of concern for parents, teachers, politicians and, indeed, for a large cross section of our society. The fact that these products are legal only clouds the issues surrounding them.
Legal Highs can quickly become illegal particularly when supposed substitutes are made available, whilst the full extent of using legal highs is not yet known.
Awareness of a problem with legal highs is the start. Creating a nationally recognised qualification that investigates how to deal with the early signs of an issue can only improve how we tackle this growing problem. Working in partnership with educators and drugs awareness experts, we have created a Legal Highs qualification that complements our current range of abuse and misuse of substances content.
EDLounge is proud to be one of the first organisations to be tackling the thorny issue of legal highs by offering a relevant qualification through ProQual with content that has been approved by OfQual.
This ProQual Level 2 Award in Understanding the Dangers of Using Legal Highs qualification enables learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- how the use of legal highs has developed over time
- the issues surrounding the use of legal highs
- the legislation applicable to legal highs
- how to safeguard users of legal highs
The lessons we have to provide your knowledge and understanding through are:
- Changing Perspectives - Information & Education
- Definitions and Types of NPS
- Drug Classifications
- Expected effects of NPS
- Health Issues related to NPS
- How NPSs are Administered
- Side effects of NPS
- The Implications of NPS Use
- The Legality of Legal Highs and NPS
- What Makes NPS Products?
- Why are they Legal?