EDLounge was initially designed to prevent 34 students from being permanently excluded from a school over the period of a term. That was out pilot year, in 2008. It worked. It is now a powerful resource for your learners to continue learning when working in an Inclusion Unit, or for those that have been excluded. Our unique system gives every child the chance to succeed through the study of core and other National Curriculum subjects, allowing your learners to learn, progress and attain, in an environment that is suited to their specific needs.
Work completed can be tracked and monitored to see learners' progress, and data can be presented in the form of printable reports or/and even graphs. With personalised pathways for your learners to complete, knowledge and understanding can be developed whilst we remove barriers to learning.
The EDLounge platform has proved successful in improving behaviour and minimising issues that may occur when a pupil returns to the mainstream classroom.
EDLounge provides a great tool for motivating learners and for creating a positive learning system for learners who are NEETs, included, excluded, vulnerable, home-educated, foundation, injured, long-term sick and suffering anxiety/mental health issues. Some establishments use EDLounge for targeted groups including Grade 5/4 borderline learners, 'Booster' groups and fast tracked learners.
We now have over 60,000 learners online, gaining vocational qualifications in over 200 schools and academies.
Through EDLounge you can create user accounts instantly whilst using your own lessons or ours to create personalised, bespoke learning pathways for each of your learners to follow.
As an organisation you can:
- develop the knowledge and understanding of disengaged learners in a range of subjects, in a relaxed and enjoyable environment
- engage learners in interactive learning approaches
- improve behaviour, motivation and attendance whilst promoting fun learning
- gain foundation and vocational qualifications verified by AQA, Edexcel, NCFE, WJEC and City & Guilds
- enable teaching staff to track and monitor graphical and theoretical data of a student's progress in each subject
- reduce exclusions, lower persistent absences and enhance learning whilst enabling the students to work independently
- prepare your students for their Maths and English qualifications through our Functional Skills lessons and areas
- reward students instantly for answers submitted, effort, grade, commitment, coursework, homework and time spent learning